Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Playlist

Largehearted Boy, a music, literature and popular culture blog posted a playlist written by Doug Dorst that relates to Alive in Necropolis. Though I've read it once, might be time to queue up this list and re-read. Also could be of help to inspire writing:

"6. "Misunderstood" - Wilco
(studio version, from Being There)*

For me, this was the mother of all Necropolis infinite-repeat tunes. Particularly useful when words weren't coming very easily; there's something about the blasting, punchy defiance and dissonance at the end that helped me attack the blank page."

Says Doug, "I generally listen to music when I write--sometimes just one song at a time, on infinite-repeat, which somehow helps me to ignore my Inner Critic and write more freely. These are some of those songs, the ones that both helped me write and resonated with themes and moods in the book."

No comments:

Post a Comment